2019.03.05: This Week's Projects

  • March Book Madness: As I started to lay out the bracket for us all, I realized I'm a bit hazy on your pairings or rankings (or, however you want to think about it.) If you could post your rankings in the "March Book Madness" page, I can generate the bracket tomorrow. There's no point in posting until Thursday--tomorrow is "Giving Day" for UMD and social media will be full of all of that stuff.
  • Blog Postings: Why English? & Club profiles can begin to move over to the blog. If you haven't had yours edited, use Slack to ask for an editor. If you have questions, send me an email.
  • Instagram Takeover: Starting next week, we'd like to have each of you take a turn with the Instagram Takeover. We should probably figure out guidelines. Lexi has made or will make a graphic for us to use for the "story." When Allie, Misael, and Lee are all in the office today at 2, can you please start a page on the Google Site to gather your ideas about best practices? IE, what sort of targets do you want to set? Some number of posts per day? Is a week too much, and you'd rather take three or four days of your choosing in a week? Octavia, if you want to chime in tomorrow, that makes sense, or use slack or respond to this email. And, look at the calendar. We'll skip spring break, so which week makes sense for each of you? If you have no preferences, go in alphabetic order... But set the schedule, again on the page. I'll add it to the site now.
  • March Madness, continued. You need to generate the individual graphics for all sixteen of your books. If no one has made a template, let me know and I'll do that tomorrow.
  • Meeting/pizza session (for lack of a better word): thanks to those who've added their schedule to the when2meet. Can the rest of you please complete it by tomorrow at noon? I can compile the results. Link is here: https://www.when2meet.com/?7608632-NjR6G

Comments